Just chiming in on this...hope you don't mind...

My teacher gave me a Mac II a couple years back, and it had 7.1 on it along with Pyro, and the (now infamous on this list) the Grouch init. But when I had first gotten the machine, I did not know it was there. So, with the speaker all the way up (Who knows why she had it all the way up), I dragged something there. When I did, I was completely STARTLED and scared, because I didn't know where it had come from. So then I took about 5 minutes and searched the Apps folder - nothing. System Folder - nothing. Extensions - I saw a little icon with a trash can, and I got suspicious. I then made a blank folder and dragged it to the trash, and lo and behold, the Grouch popped up and started singing.

Just thought you might need to know that :-P haha

Ian