Similar to my own process, Caleb. Anything I may need access to when I don't necessarily have my personal machine gets sent to GMail. Everything else winds up on CD-R's (eventually). For data transfer (and backup), I mostly use PCMCIA CallunaCard Type III hard drives, since most of my computers (including all my Macs) are laptops.

Ciao!

Winfidel

From: "C. Scott Cupples" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PowerBooks" <powerbooks@mail.maclaunch.com>
Subject: Preferred backup method Was "PB 5300c: Silly Question?"
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:00:07 -0500

On Monday 11 July 2005 13:39, Howard R. Katz wrote:
> This brings up an interesting question--what do you all prefer for your
> backups?  CD-ROMS (when you have a machine that can do that), external
> drives? Other media? What about online storage services--are they worth
> the money?

Personally, I use CD-ROMs, when I'm on my Linux machine, or, when I absolutely have to have a file that I was working on with my 190, in which case, I move it to my desktop, via floppy. I also email files to myself, but, I have about 5 gigs of combined email storage, between my Gmail, my Yahoo and my CwazyMail
accounts. Personally, I don't find online storage services to be worth the
money, but, your mileage may vary. But, as I said, between the 160 GB drive
in my Linux machine and the 5 GB of email storage, I don't have to worry, too
much. Typically, with my 190, I'll just send the file to my Gmail and not
worry about it, because I can access it from wherever I'm at, be it at my
desktop, my grandpa's new Mac Mini, or an internet kiosk in Siberia.

Caleb
SNIP