Thanks for all of you for your kind help.

I'll check if both Eudora and Claris support SSL SMTP sessions

Nandor

To: "PowerBooks" <powerbooks@mail.maclaunch.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: Powerbook 100 POP3 mail client

equipped or set up for wireless at all. I do all my Internetting
including email via a dialup connection. I've got my Powerbooks both
configured (FreePPP) for numbers local to the out-of-town place I
occasionally find myself (five STATES away from home: never mind the
Starbucks which is only 20 mins away), so I can access my ISP from that
location, using their local number. And the email works fine that way,
both sending and receiving. Dunno how "big" my ISP is -- NuNet is
nationwide but to my knowledge not one of the household name ISPs like

Oh, I see-

since you are dialling directly into your ISP, you are thus on their subnet, and they trust you. :)

If you were to use an ethernet jack at a hotel or something instead, without SSL I think you'd find your outgoing mail would not be accepted (NuNet might not do this, but most ISPs are, now, due to spam).

Something to keep in mind as a possible issue if you change your setup.

Brian