It seems that Apple created all new ports for the
520c. For example, the HID-30 SCSI? I have never seen
a wierder adapter! For each port, I have one or more
cables (HID-30 29-pin for connecting to external
devices, HID-30 30-pin for connecting point-to-point
to a desktop, video out to standard Apple video,
standard Apple video to VGA, telephone cord...)

All these cables would be protruding from Zpiloc (c)
bags and paper bags. But I found that, if you use only
one battery, the spare holder is a great place for
cables. I recommend putting the cables in anti-static
plastic first, for two reasons. 1) You won't short out
the battery contacts. 2) You won't cook your logic
board with electrostatic discharge (the nuke of the
computing world). The battery compartment is also a
great place to store those screen-cleaning wipe-ettes.

You *could* use the space between the logic board and
the case to store floppies (the battery compartment is
too small), but every time you wanted to use the
stored floppies, you would have to pull out the toolkit.