My powerbook duo 230 has been useless since I got it last summer, bad keyboard, freezing after boot etc. Tried it again yesterday and it wouldn't boot at all. Bright idea this morning involved taking the battery out, batteries are long dead anyway. It booted up, no problem, and hasn't seized up yet.

Would a dead battery actually negatively affect the computer so that it wouldn't run at all or freeze up after booting? Probably more the power manager or something but I'm wondering if some of the 'dead' pbs out there might be resurrected by removing the battery? I'll play around with this one today but it's never lasted more than a minute without freezing up. If this is old news, just ignore me, but I haven't seen this quick fix before.

BM