Caleb Cupples wrote:

I noticed it getting quiet and I was just curious to know what non-Macs all you have. Please list OS and processor type.

Caleb
While I have quite a few Macs and Apples, I think most of my collection is x86 based. I'll start with the newer ones then delve a bit into my collection a bit: AMD Athlon 2500/1 gig ram/2x80 gig drives in raid 0 and a new 16xSamsung dvd writer, Windows ME three Celerons for the kids, 466/700/700 with 98 in one and the others use ME a very cool and quick Toshiba 2615 laptop using ME, but with a DVD drive that is so smooth it is hard to believe it's a Celeron 466 with 128 ram.
All of the above are networked with my g3/333 and my two 3400cs.

My collection of oldies includes such unique items as a Toshiba 6066c semi-laptop with a DX2-66 486 chip and 98 as an os. Full size scsi CD drive/ IDE hard drive (3.5 inch) but no battery. Nice color screen. Gridcase 1520 286 - unknown OS - same unit as used in Aliens. It's a magnesium laptop, very solid, made for military use. A NeXT box, several PCjrs, several PS2 models from IBM both laptops and desktops as well as a huge server unit , several Commodore 128s/64s/286s/ as well as a KIM 1, Tandys of many descriptions including the small TRS80 and a couple of laptops with integral printers, several Apple clones including a Laser 128 as well as a "Decider" which is in perfect condition but I know nothing about it other than it's an Apple II clone, an Orange Micro, two Franklin Aces, several Hyperions which were 8088 based and were sold before the Compaq portable. The Hyperions were made and sold in Canada (some were later made in Houston) and the company had Michael Copeland on board before he decided to run and ruin Corel, an Alextel which is 8088 based as I recall and was a forerunner of the Internet here in Canada. You could subscribe to data from Bell and play games and check stocks/scores etc. The phone still works as does the screen but the subscription service is long gone. Ran around 1981 or just a bit later. Small unit with a 9 inch screen and flipdown keyboard/touchpad.

If anyone here collects old computers, they may want to have their names added to the collector's list that I maintain in two places, one as a link from my geocities home page and the other as a geocities site on it's own. Tip : If you look up 'antique computers' on google, my site pops up in the fifth and sixth spot. Email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you want to be added to the list, DON'T reply to this email please. The list has some of the 'big' names in computer collecting on it so you'll be in pretty heady company if you decide to join. Hey, it's free too. Only serious collectors who are willing to perform rescues of equipment need apply! Thanks.

Check out the collector's site here : http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/9107/collectors.htm

or here :

http://www.geocities.com/computercollectors/index.htm

BM