>Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:17:08 -0400
>From: Noah Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: Replacing PB 190 internal batt and Power Manager
>
>I would say look on eBay or Amazon, they may have the battery or even
>the entire motherboard you need, in my time I have seen lots of old PB
>190s and 5300s for a nice price

I appreciate that tip, really do, but I'm a little strapped of funds right
now and would like to go the Bob Vila fix-it-yourself route if I can, even
if means tinkering some with my PB 190's power socket. I think it's at the
core of scrambling the Power Manager with static and powerouts if you just
move the plug just a smidgen. They used to fix planes with spit and baling
wire, so all I really need to know is exactly what is the chronic problem
with the socket so I have a heads-up on how to fix it.

Thanks!

James Greenidge