On Sep 28, 2005, at 1:01 PM, Roger Andre wrote:

- I do not have an "Alternate Ethernet" connection option in my Appletalk Control Panel. All I have are: Ethernet, IRTalk, Modem/ Printer, and Remote Only.

This is a problem that you must resolve. Without an "alternate ethernet" option in appletalk and (whatever the regular netowrk control panel was called in 8.1) your card isn't available for use.

What options do you have in the internet connections control panel (TCP/IP or network or whatever it was called in 8.1- the same place you select DHCP etc).

Also, Appletalk is different than TCP/IP network settings, you want the other network control panel for your initial setup.

-B