Hi Caleb

My offer still stands i can send you a logic board that i know is good in a base case for you to transplant in the 190.

let me know vicki.

On 4 Oct 2005, at 23:41, Caleb Cupples wrote:

Bruce Johnson wrote:

Super glue wouldn't hold well. I'd get some epoxy putty and just put a blob on the whole thing.
But if it broke again right away, your solder joint was cold.
I've also seen (but have been unable to find again) a website that showed how to refit the 520/190 with a power connector like that in a 1400, much more robust.

I remember seeing a 5300 with a Wallstreet power connector somewhere, but my only other 'Book is another 190 with some major issues of some sort, or I'd try that.

Thanks for the idea about the epoxy, and I've heard from a friend who's an electrical engineer, that silicone-based adhesives are also good for that sort of work. Also, thanks for pointing out the cold solder joint, because I'm not very experienced with a soldering iron.

Also, what could be making my other 190 refuse to boot? It just sits there and does nothing when I attempt to fire the thing up. No chime, no drive spinning up, nothing, and this is when plugged into an AC adapter that is known to be good.

Thanks for the advice, and in advance for the diagnosis on the other one,

Caleb

--
PowerBook 190, OS 7.5.2 (under the knife)
PowerBook 190, OS 7.5.3 (not booting)