Hi Shaun

try putting it back in the broken back panel just to check and,

if it still stays dark the there might be moisture in the circuit boards, place them on a piece of kitchen towel and then put them in a warm place for around 1 day also if you can lay a cilica bag just under the edge of the screen, The warmth of the room or cupboard that you put it in should draw the moisture from the screen to the top and the silica bag or kitchen towel should soak it up. then try again.

If when you put it in the broken case it lights up then there is something missing when you put it in the new case so re-step every part of the transplant.

vicki