On Oct 8, 2005, at 11:53 AM, Gary F. Daught wrote:

Greetings. I'm getting back into the world of SCSI with a pending purchase of a PowerBook 2400c. It has been a long time, and I'm trying to remember all the important stuff. I am wanting to get an external CD-ROM drive and wanted your advice about what to look for. (I've already secured a HDI-30 to 25 pin SCSI adapter.) Let's see, I remember it's important to get one that's bootable (Command- C). Is there any special software I need (drivers, etc.)? Does it have to be Apple branded, and if not, which non-Apple branded drives are bootable? Apart from access speed, is there any reason why an old Apple 300e wouldn't serve my purposes (even though a 600e would probably be better)?

Nope, that'll work just fine.

---
Bruce Johnson

"No matter where you go, there you are", B. Banzai