Greetings. Finally got my PowerBook 2400c! I have an AppleCD 600e connected and terminated. Upgrade (from existing OS 7.6) to 8.5 on CD went just fine. From my desktop Mac (eMac running 10.4.2) I downloaded 8.6 disk image from the Apple site and burned onto a CD. The drive appears to attempt to read the 8.6 CD. On various retries I have gotten so far as to begin the install, but then it just sits there. I've tried reburning the CD, no better results. (I burnt it at lowest speed, 4x, too.) OK, should I suspect the disk image was corrupted or a problem with the drive reading burnt CDs? Curiously, I installed my pc card drivers from a burnt CD OK. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Gary F. Daught
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S. One issue at a time. I also have questions about ethernet from the ethernet card.