<< From: John Kneeland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: how to make a keyboard depress more easily

Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:21:03 -0500

I just got a spiffy Duo 280c and 3400c and I noticed the keyboards on

both take quite a bit of effort (compared to my TiBook) to depress

the keys. I feel like the keys as they are are too sticky to be

normal. Is there anything I can do to them to make them feel smoother?>>

The Duo keyboards are notoriously unresponsive, I understand...it is
certainly true of my Duo 230's kb.  I am told that a rev. f Duo keyboard is the
best
one, so see if you can find one of these somewhere (from a dead Duo
somewhere?).  Never noticed a keyboard issue with my 3400's, except for when
one key
wouldn't work at all.  I replaced the 3400's keyboard with one from an old
broken
5300, and it now works fine.  You can probably find an old 5300 very
cheap...perhaps one with the loose/intermittent power connector issue... and
try the
keyboard from that.

Saul Broudy (former UPenn grad student)
Philadelphia, PA  19103