On or about Tue, 3 Jan 2006 18:50:50 -0500, John Kneeland or someone
claiming such identity, wrote:

>Who here runs on the oldest 'Book (as their MAIN machine...anyone can
>say they have a Mac Portable while using a 17" PBG4 as their daily
>machine...that is, anyone with lots of disposable income!)

Hi, John.  My MAIN personal machine is a 540c built in the 33rd week of
1994.  Well, alright, it's pretty pimped out with the PowerPC upgrade, 40
megs of RAM, a 1 gig hard drive and a wireless card, but, otherwise, it's
an 11 year old PowerBook in all its internal SCSI, ADB bus, serial port,
seven and a half pound glory.  And it's in no small measure due to
resources like the LowEndMac lists that this relic is still on my desktop
and not in some closet.

Tyler  (Penn '73)