Don Wakefield wrote:

This post is a bit off topic, but I hope someone can
help.

I have a "House Branded" Wireless Access Point
purchased at CompUSA approximately 2 years ago (when
they were blowing out the "802.11B only" products to
make room for the "802.11G's") At first, since I was
the only kid on the block with wireless, I set it up
naked and ran without wired equivalent protection
settings. Recently I have noticed another signal in
the neighborhood and it is now time that I locked my
unit down!
The problem is that in the two years since installing
it and letting it sit, the unit no longer responds to
the password I gave it. My guess is that it has
regressed to the default settings possibly from one of
our past power outages. I have pushed the reset button
on the unit, (just to be sure we were starting from
scratch,) and now need to have the "Default" password
to get in. Naturally I cannot find the instruction
manual and I am hoping that somebody in the group will
have a similar unit and will be able to provide me
with the missing password. Any ideas on how to start
over would be appreciated.

  This is what I know about the unit:

MAC address: 0008A1425AD7 DA CompUSA SKU: 295105

  My guess is that it was originally made by CNet
Technologies
  (but they no longer admit to any products before
"G's".)

Any router I have used has the default password unset, you just type in 'admin' and leave the password section blank.

BM