Duo 230
Boots fine with the same config as above.

Nice!
I'm trying to do the same on a 210 (scsi-ide-cf)

Duo 2300

Will only boot if you remove the hdd and put it on the scsi to ide card and connect the cf to the ide connector direct. This way you can spin down the hdd fitted to the scsi card and then max the battery time i got over 2 hrs 40 mins from the battery using the cf card as the hdd. It will have its advantages also because if you just want to use it for file transfer it will be very quick to just pop the cf card in drop the files shut down pop out the card and then put it in the adapter for pcmcia in the book of your choice or cf to ide desktop adapter or reader.

very interesting...

I am trying to get hold of one of the cf wifi adapters for pdas to see if the 2300 can accept it if so then the 2300 can be used for wifi emails,

yeah, i would like too...
The main problem seems to be the lack of internal space for the adapters.