In a message dated 1/22/06 1:22:29 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>I have never owned a PowerBook(or any laptop) before so I'm totally new
>to this.  Anyway seeing as I can only have the floppy drive or the CD
>ROM drive in at a time.... are they hot-swappable or do I have to turn
>the 3400 off before I change between them?  I havn't been able to find
>anything to tell me this for sure(I'm probably not putting the right
>keywords into google).

The 3400c and Kanga (and the 2400c) drives are hot-swappable, meaning
cd-roms/floppy drives/Zip drives (just the external floppy on the 2400c) can be
swapped (floppy plugged/unplugged on the 2400c) without the laptop being shut
down
or asleep. The drive does have to be empty, however. "Officially" Apple
recommends that warm swapping (a.k.a. while asleep) be done on them, however.

The 190 series, 5300 series and 1400 series can be "warm-swapped," drives
have to be empty as well, although Apple recommends that these laptop be shut
down before swapping.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Ivy F., AL
"Roll Tide!"