Hi

I had to take the drive from the 230 put it in an external case and then attach the case via scsi to my 5300 format and install the os on the cf card then put it back in the duo 230 to boot. I never got it to boot in my 540 but the 550 i had booted straight up with it in, as does the 2300c board that i stuck in my 230 so i could have 2 drives, and also for experimenting with different wifi cards in the cf adapter. (still having no luck here with the wifi.)

have you ensured the jumpers are set and also the dips are set for the scsi to ide adapter.

vicki