Hi Lane,

>1. I upgraded OS X from 10.4.2 to 10.4.3 (and now .4)
>
>2. I got a real job, so PM no longer runs open on the same machine for
>months on end (it gets quit every day when I leave for work and then
>when I leave work so I can unplug the firewire drive w/my database on it).

I don't need to unplug my database every day (even though I do have a
real job) but about 6 months ago I wrote a very simple Applescript to
quit PM, wait 30 seconds, then restart PM.  I set up a cron job to run
this every night at 1:00 AM.  I mostly did it because I found that PM
would start to slow down a LOT after a few days of being up (clicking on
an email message would take a second to load and redraw).

Jim
--
Jim Pistrang
JP Computer Resources