Amnon Yaish said:

>Mikael Byström wrote:
>> What's your excuse for not having backed up your DB?
>
>And may I ask what's your excuse for being so agressive?
That I question what you say is not aggressive. I'm merely disagreeing
with parts of your message. I am sorry you have problems with your DB.

>I *did* backup my DB.
Good for you. Then can yo be more specific why this problem is such a big
problem for you? Isn't the problem really that for you PowerMail crashes
too often for some or a set of reason(s)?

>I can assure you I tried everything, including the options you suggested.
And you failed to inform us, your fellow users, in your earlier message
just in spite ?

>it cannot
>properly deal with certain chinese Unicode ranges, and the fallback
>mechanism for unfound characters seems badly implemented
You didn't write about this problem.

>The result: however much I tried, CTM has made me look into other mail
>clients, since the PM crashes definitely corrupt the DB making it
>totally unreliable, and therefore unusable.
For you under your specific situtation, yes, but if you imply that "PM
crashes definitely corrupt the DB making it totally unreliable" is a
widespread experience I think you're mistaken. Personally I have maybe a
crash every three months and have little problems with the DB. A simple
compact and verify usually help fine with my gigantic DB of 1.8GB.

I do have issues with how PowerMail works in some respects and some
issues are more serious than others. Some issues can be a real problem
for many others beside myself. I also wish support could be more swift
from time to time.
But I seriously doubt that PowerMail is regarded as "unreliable" by
anything else than a small minority of users.

I do welcome your bugreports if you're willing to post them.

PM 5.2.2 Swedish | OS X 10.3.9 | Powerbook G4/400Mhz | 1GB RAM | 30GB HD