<applescript>
tell application "PowerMail"
        set theMessages to current messages
        repeat with msg in theMessages
                -- put your code here to do something on each message msg
                if online status of msg is on server then
                        set online status of msg to marked for deletion
                end if
                set status of msg to read
        end repeat
end tell
</applescript>

Unfortunately the answer to your question is really, no. I believe it is
because the online status of a message cannot be set while the
connection is open. Since filtering happens when the connection is
active that's the problem. IIRC.

--
Andy Fragen