I'd like to have the search dialog fully scriptable. I have a somewhat
clumsy "find similar subject" search script that I use to find subjects
with the same main string as the selected messages. Unfortunately I have
to set up the search dialog properly before I can use it (Find (in this
or the selected folders) Subjects with this exact phrase [string]). The
script then removes any initial "Re:" among others and conducts a search
for similar subjects.
With scriptability I could setup the dialog with the script and make more
advanced variations of searches depending on user input. That would be nice.

Typical use:
I view only the messages in a mailing list from myself or a certain
person. I then select messages I want to study and the script gives me
all the responses (as well as earlier ones if any) to the initially
selected messages OR (if I have setup the dialog accordingly) all
messages with the same words.

Simple, yes, but if I hadn't written the script I would have to (when
messages are already selected):
1. copy the subject
2. open the search dialog
3. paste the subject
4. remove "Re:" and other prefixes
5. press search

as opposed to:
1. Select the script from the menu (or as I have done, setup a FastScript
shortcut and use that)

I need beta-testers for this script in case anyone is interested. It
isn't very elegant, but it does the job and saves me time.

PM 5.2.1 | OS X 10.3.9 | Powerbook G4/400 | 768MB RAM | 30GB HD