Tim Lapin said:

>Databases ARE prone to corruption in the event of a power failure or
>other such unexpected interruption.  This cannot be disputed.

Of course it can. What's the point of comparing Apples to Oranges? If one
have transactions and cache flush mechanisms in place obviously some
problems will be less common. That won't cure all, but maybe this is not
necessary if only a handful are encountered. I'm sure there ar emore techni

Question is of course what is in place in PM today and if the effort to
add any more safety handling is worth it. No hurt to let CTM know that
one have recurring problems.
Personally, I have few or no problems even with a quite large database.

Only real damage I had was when my old CPU overheated and halted while
fetching messages. If I had the money I'd have used PowerMail Salvage to
try and read it, but I didn't so I did a backup of the crashed DB and
went back my one month old previous backup. Maybe I'll try that when I'm
flush.

PM 5.2.1 | OS X 10.3.9 | Powerbook G4/400 | 768MB RAM | 30GB HD