Mikael Byström said:

>Steve Abrahamson said:
>
>>Wizards are a software invention to band-aid badly designed software.
>>This is why Microsoft has a Wizard for everything.
>
>You guys do have a point, but making filters are *not* easy enough to do
>today. Suggest an improved GUI in this department then. How would the
>general interface functional structure look and work?

The main problem being that many users, that don't think like power
users, don't grok headers enough to build effective filters and sometimes
some messages would need some combination of field values to actually
catch some messages in, say, a mailing list. This happens to me from time
to time.

PM 5.2.1 | OS X 10.3.9 | Powerbook G4/400 | 768 MB RAM | 30 GB HD