On 5/10/05 at 9:50 AM, PowerMail Engineering ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:

>Steve Abrahamson wrote:
>
>>The filters do use "is", but have multiple lines of them to capture all
>>instances I've come across. Manual application of the filter files it
>>properly.
>>
>>...and none of that explains how a message could get 2 filters applied to
>>it when ALL of my filters end in "do not apply further filters."

Jérôme,

>If you reset the label of the message to none, move it back to the in
>tray, then run "Perform All Filters" from the mail menu, is the problem
>repeatable?

I've not tried it on the double-apply, I've only tested it on the
completely-missed. In the case where filters completely miss a message
(it ends up in my In Tray when it should have been filed), then re-
applying all filters to that message does file it correctly.

In the case where a message gets two filters applied to it, I've never
tried moving it back to the In Tray, removing the priority, and re-
running all filters on that message. I'll try that next time.

>Are you really really sure that "don't apply subsequent
>filters" is checked for every filter that moves messages to this folder?

Really. Every filter, period. All of them. Every single one.

>Are you sure you don't have another filter than the last one that sets
>the label to priority 10?

I'm sure - all of my filters only file; this filter is unique in that:
    - it's the *only* filter that applies a priority
    - it's intentionally the *last* filter, so should *never* run if any
other filter has been triggered for that message.

Steve Abrahamson
Ascending Technologies
FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
        http://www.asctech.com