On 5/4/05 at 8:32 PM, A-NO-NE Music ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:

>Tim Lapin / 2005/05/04 / 07:34 PM wrote:
>
>>It is possible that you both need to run some disk checks and/or
>>permission utilities?
>
>Not sure how it would help but I run these utils more than anyone else
>because of beta testings I do.
>
>Anyway, I have an idea.  I move PM folder a lot.  Between machines,
>carry with 2.5" drives, etc.  This might be the source of problem.
>Since PM being a native Mac app, I'd think it is not using absolute path
>but rather using relative path, which should work, but it might not be
>when you duplicate the directory for backup purpose....?

In my case, not so much.

PM is on the same machine it's been on since I moved to it. Only one
volume on the drive. This is all stable. And yet, the problem exists.

FWIW, I have recently run Disk Utility, and have gotten a clean bill of
health. I repair permissions every month or so. I'm a software developer,
so I know the ins and outs of my machine reasonably well... the
connections are just lost.

Steve Abrahamson
Ascending Technologies
FileMaker 7 Certified Developer