Evie,

Sorry, I am a bit confused by the number of messages on the subject, and
I can't make a clear picture of your problem. When you say:
>This message has the following attachments:
>       file://localhost/Users/evie/Library/Mail/Attachments/2004-10001%20-
>%20Evie%20Leder.pdf
Do you mean that the message's text contains this string? If so, this
string is just a static string that Mail (I suppose) have appended to
the message content when it imported your Emailer database. Does this
folder still exists, and really contains all your attachments? Mail
normally stores the attachments inside its message database, and not in
a folder, but maybe it stores them differently for messages that have
been imported from Claris Emailer. When the messages are stored in
Mail's database, they are extracted to the PowerMail attachment folder
when you import Mail's database. If they are stored in a folder,
PowerMail will not import them. As the link is just a static string in
the message's text, it will break if the attachment has been moved or renamed.

Jérôme - PowerMail Engineering

   "I have used nearly all of the better-known email clients and PowerMail
    now has something that really makes it a stand out item to me. SPEED."
  Daniel M. East, President of the The Mid-Atlantic Macintosh User Groups

         Download a demo version from www.ctmdev.com