Frank, see below; I think I misunderstood her question and perhaps you
can figure out what she should do:

Frank Mitchell on 4/28/05 said

>Hello Evie,
>
>>Evie Leder on 4/27/05 said
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I'm sorry about asking this again, but I am perplexed and frustrated.

>>>This never happened, they did not get imported into PM. Now what?
>>>
>>>Please help?
>>
>>OK... a couple of questions. Do you know where these attachments are at
>>all? Are they completely lost, or can you identify a folder that they are
>>in. That's just a beginning question to start from.
>
>The names of the attachments should still be listed at the bottom of the
>emails to which they were attached.
>
>Do a Find (command - f) on your hard drive for one of more of the
>name(s). If you still have them they will probably all be in the same folder.

>>>I imported from Claris Email->Mail->Powermail, and while my attachments
>>>still are there and linked, PM left them in the Mail Library, did nopt
>>>copy and move them into PM files.
>>
>>Mail stores the attachments inside the mail database; when you import to
>>PowerMail, they are extracted and saved in your PowerMail attachment
>>folder, which is by default located in the same folder as your PowerMail
>>database (but you can change its location in the prefs). Are you sure
>>the attachments are not in this folder?
>>
>>>Oh, and I seem to have an Applescript called "reattach lost attachments".
>>>Does anyone know what this does?
>>
>>If PowerMail have lost the location of an attached file, but the file
>>still exists on your disk, you can reattach it to the message, but it is
>>a manual operation, message per message.
>>PowerMail is supposed to keep track of the attachments even if they have
>>been dragged outside of the attachment folder. However if you move your
>>database and attached files to a different disk or machine, the
>>attachments that have been moved outside of the attachment folder can be
>>lost, if they have been renamed or modified.

So, apparently she still has the attachments but they have become
disconnected from the e-mail. Well, now I don't know what the question
is. If the attachments are still linked to their e-mail, is it a problem
where they are? If they are moved en-masse from the Library folder to the
Power Mail attachments folder?

I'm beginning to think I don't know what I'm talking about...

Evie, could you restate your question in terms that I can understand?
Are the attachments still "attached" to their respective e-mails?
--
Barbara Needham