Matthias

>you have a port problem.
>The OS "thinks" the modem is connected to this port.
>How do you connect to the internet?
>Check your settings under "Schedules".
>Check your connection settings.

You're correct!  See below...

Don

>I reported a problem between PowerMail, Mac OS 9.1, and my Epson Stylus
>740 to PowerMail Engineering back in May 2003 when we were still in
>4.1.2, and also posted a note to the list about this issue a few months
>later.  I _think_ I resolved the issue on my machine by making sure that
>Appletalk was not pointing to my Printer/Modem port, even when turned
>off.  I don't recall having seen it under Mac OS 8.6 or 9.0.4.

I've solved the problem, as per your help, by going into my AppleTalk
control panel and making one adjustment.  I never did understand what the
deal with AppleTalk was about, probably because I've never set up a
network.  Somewhere along the line since installing OS 9.1 I must have
inadvertently selected the wrong choice.  What I don't understand is why
everything worked fine until now, but now that I'm fully functional with
PowerMail not triggering my printer anymore I'm happy as a clam!  :)

Thanks guys!

RC

Rein Ciarfella
[EMAIL PROTECTED]