At Tue, 8 Mar 2005 02:02:06 +0100 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Must norms always be static and prevent natural evolution?

If something works, is efficient and cheap it does not need to "evolve."
Such biological metaphors in computing are tempting but possibly
misleading. There are lots of people out there with a financial interest
in such "evolution" but we know who they are and can try to resist them
by not giving them out money.

>While I'm fine
>not sending HTML messages, it seems unavoidable in the long run.

I'm more optimistic than that: free software has made a big difference to
the amount of proprietary gouging software firms can do. If Powermail
gets too annoying I can choose to bite the bullet and spend a couple of
days getting to grips with mutt. Hard core, but then I know I won't get
shafted.

D.

--
Dougie Carnall