>>2-Some individuals have given their input (Thanks!) on their OS, PM
>>version, etc., but quite a few members have not responded, which makes me
>>wonder whether they are receiving the List as a digest and how often/when
>>that goes out (?) or whether my question is just being viewed as coming
>>from a goofy newbie and not worth wasting time on.

You can always look at the headers to see which versions people are
using. Lurk a little and they'll show up.

Since I've moved on to Jaguar/Panther I've kept a version of PowerMail on
my OS 9 partition "just in case". Haven't had the need to use it, so it
recently got deleted and I'm now version 5.1 in Panther.

It is courteous to ask if there's an archive before posting questions, as
you did, and as many people have done when getting started with the list
here. From the number of messages people reported saved from the
PowerMail list, you might get some idea of what an archive would look
like/how useful it would be, of course, were it now existing. So from the
4.2 release date it's been, what, less than two years of messages and a
release into version 5. Not much to have missed.

I guess all that is to say, Ask away! We don't bite. Really. :)

Chris