On 09 2 2005 at 5:01 pm -0500, Michael Lewis wrote:

>A quick look a the long headers and I see the latter doesn't have a LIST-
>UNSUBSCRIBE under Precedence: List. Is that it? Should I email the list
>owners to try to include them, or is this a non-standard or semi-standard
>thing?

You're correct; it is the presence of List-*: headers which facilitates
operation of the arrow thingy.  Well-configured list servers add them.
I'm not sure whether it is an RFC standard or just a common practice though.

...ok, quick googlage turns up this:  <http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2369.html>

The second paragraph in the introduction starts off: "Implementing these
fields will be optional. Significant functionality and convenience can be
gained by including them, however."

-ben

--
Ben Kennedy, chief magician