on Sun, Jan 23, 2005 Urs Gruetzner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> may have said:

>Powermail 5.1 OSX.3.5 PB G4/800
>
>Using a v500 cordless mouse from Logitech I can scroll with the scroll
>pad of the mouse in many modern applications.
>
>However PM 5.1 behaves very quirky: sometimes scrolling works as
>expected, sometimes scrolling has a dreadful delay, sometimes it scrolls
>not at all, there is no rule recognizable which behavior is about to prefer
>
>What is the experience of other users with mice with a scroll wheel or pad?

I'm using a Logitech wireless mouse without any problems... but it's like
my 3rd one... and it's not an optical mouse.

I've gone through a dozen wireless optical mice on both my Mac OS X and
Windows 2K/XP machine ... and none of them "just worked" ... they all had
some type of small problem to start with and within 3 months were so much
trouble I had to get a new one. (And, no, batteries were not an issue;
made sure of that with each).

I have had good luck with wireless non-optical (ie, ball based) mice and
with non-wireless (ie, tailed) optical mice.

Lane Roathe
President          Ideas From the Deep        <http://www.ifd.com>
Data, data everywhere . . . and not a thought to to be had.