Barbara Needham said:

>Or "you are now seeing X out of y Messages".
Why not just "X of Y"? If there's room for a longer string that's OK with
me, but I think that could be enough to work. An "filter active" symbol
in the Toolbar, could also further indicate some messages was hidden.

Having been bitten in the pasty by this problem myself, being a DB
developer and a long time computer  and email user, I really think this
problem should be fixed in some fashion in the next release. How about
it, CTM?

PM 5.1 | OS X 10.3.6 | Powerbook G4/400 | 768 MB RAM | 30 GB HD