ff-musikbüro on 12/28/04 said

>Barbara Needham schrieb am 27.12.2004 mit Absender [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>>Of writing such a script I have no idea, but I had an app [on Windows]
>>that would "check pop before smtp" which somehow checked in to my pop
>>server without retrieving any new mail. So.. a script that retrieves zero
>>messages? Perhaps?
>
>Thanks Barbara,
>that program does exactly, what I would Powermail want to do. The server
>needs a secure identification, before it accepts to let you send your
>mail. Too many hacks are around, that use eMail addresses of others
>(which they can easily find in the web) to send their own illegal
>messages. When you want to look into your income mailbox, you have to
>identify yourself, before it even lets you have a look, even when its
>empty. For this there is an existing option built in in every mail
>programm, including Powermail. So the server lets you only send messages
>right after you have looked into your inbox, as then you have given a
>secure identification. It doesn't matter, if there are messages or not,
>the trick is to use the identification.
>As far as I remember, Outlook Express has the option "send after
>receive", Powermail doesn't. Do I have to go back to Outlook Express to
>get a comfortable way of sending messages for my association? Or does
>anybody have an idea? Or knows about a script, that works only for one
>account, connects to the server with identification, looks into the
>incoming messages box and then sends the messages for that account?

OK, now I am confused. If it is OK with you to GET the mail when you send
it, [I thought you didn't want to actually download the mail when you
"checked in"] you can go to Mail Schedulings and Locations [I am still on
4.2.1] or similar and set up a scheduling just for that one account,
under scheduling check send mail to SMTP server when retrieving mail. And
in the connect icon hold it down to work for just that one account.
--
Barbara Needham