A-NO-NE Music on 12/24/04 said

>Nancy Creighton / 04.12.24 / 1:13PM wrote:
>
>>I just removed PM from my computer, and did a new reinstall, and that
>>didn't help. So you are probably right, it's not PM.
>>
>>I've never used Terminal, so I'm not "comfy" but there's a first time for
>>everything. I used to run a networked PC lab (back when Windows 3.1 was
>>the new wonder) so I'm comfy with going into the innards of software and
>>hardware in general.
>

>OK,
>Let me try if I can do this without Terminal.
>
>Under Finder, locate
>    ~/Library/Application\ Support folder
>That would be your home -> Library folder.
>Make sure AddressBook is there.
>Highlight it then Cmd+I which brings the info pane.
>Look under Permission (or something like that.. I am on Japanese machine :-)
>Is the owner you?
>If not, change it to you including all the sub folders.

If I can edit a bit to English machine:
1. ~/Library/Application Support folder [that is, the name is Application
Support]
2. AddressBook [same as you say]
3. Cmd+I OR the gear where it says Action
4. It says "Ownership & Permissions"
And then says, You can and there is a box which should say "Read & Write"
Under that it says "Details" and you need to make that arrow point down
to see what Hiro is talking about, then it will say
Owner: and should be your machine name

--
Barbara Needham