Giovanni Andreani wrote on Wed 15 Dec 2004 at 09:15 +0100

>Once SpamSieve is
>trained to recognize the same incoming messages as spam is it going to
>act before PowerMail's filters and, if so, is there any sense in keeping
>these filters active?

I guess not. I guess because I've used SS since before PM could handle
spam in the way it does with version 5.

I would set your filters to have SS do its work first. SS will soon learn
that Mr White is a spammer. More importantly it will use the words in his
messages and apply them to other messages - and when Mr White changes his
email address.

You really can't beat SS. I have a superb filter working on my server
meaning I don't see much spam and no viri - but it does allow some spam
through. The spam which my server filter misses is always caught by SS.

--
David Gordon