Hi guys,

I'm a new subscriber to this list. I'm not actually a PowerMail user,
but I have been introduced to this list by a friend who is.

My problem is connected with some PHP scripts I'm developing which make
an interface between a mailing list and a web forum (phpBB actually).
Basically, emails to the list are added to the forum, and forum posts
are emailed to the list - all automatically.

The subject threading on the forum relies on a bit of magic - every
email which goes out to the list members has in the headers a line like
this:

references: <x-m2f-id:858>

If someone clicks reply, this same header should appear in their
outgoing email to the mailing list. This enables the PHP scripts to
find the topic on the forum that this post belongs to (here topic #
858).

All the email clients of our list members seem to behave nicely, except
my one friend who is using PowerMail. His client doesn't seem to pass
on the references header.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening, or even tell me how he can
make PowerMail pass on the header?

Many thanks

George Crawford