Herve wrote:

> I know -without having tried it- there is a separate software which
> specifically intends to address those webmails-not-providing-POP like
> Hotmail, to turn them into a local POP on your mac. On they site they
> have myriads of webmail-specific "plugins", of which Hotmail. I lazily
> intended to test it with Google mail this week-end... If you get it to
> work before, do tell me!
>
> I discovered it while looking for RSS aggregators, and FWIW, here is the
> summary I recently posted on comp.sys.mac.apps, buried among some 50
> other RSS contenders. The summary is describing its RSS functions, but
> well, at least you have the url ;-)
>
> Hervé
>

> MacFreePOPs
> http://www.e-link.it/macfreepops/

If you actually PAID for Hotmail service, you can obtain from Micro$oft
the specific settings by which you can gain POP access through PowerMail
or any other email client. If you are using Hotmail for free, the only way
you can get POP access is through Micro$oft Outlook for Windows.

Friends don't let friends buy Micro$oft products. I don't use Hotmail, but
the info I have provided comes from the Hotmail FAQ web site. If you have
a paid subscription to Hotmail, look at the initial email you received
from Micro$oft. There should be a reference to a web page which provides
answers to questions like yours.

---Jay