I'm investigating the possibility of upgrading PM from V. 4.1.2 to
version 5. I downloaded the 5.1b3 demo this morning and since I had
already tried out a demo 5xxx when it had first been released some
months ago, the demo has expired. No problem with that however, my
impressions of the original demo - from what I can remember - are
good... One problem I do notice however is the excessive CPU usage with
this demo.. Activity Monitor indicates 45 to 55% CPU usage when
Powermail V.5 is idle. PM 4.1.2 uses 1.9 to 2.5% CPU when idle and Apple
Mail uses 0.5% when idle. Have any of you folks on the list had any
experience with this excessive CPU performance?

333/G3upgraded7600/682mbRam/Tempo133/2_ATA_MaxtorHD180GBtotal/ATIRadeonMac