I am getting the following behavior with mail received from
correspondents using Apple Mail: often, but not always, the body of the
mail is duplicated. I enclose one (edited) example.

Looking at the source, shouldn't PowerMail show only one version, not the
two glommed together?

==

The mail displays as:

==BEGIN QUOTE==
A quote from a Wall Street Journal article, March 29, 2002 by Jim
Carlton.

 > "Still, the turtle champions are making inroads. In the
 > village of Mulege, taxi driver Javier Peralta rushes
 > up to Mr. Nichols on a recent visit to show him some
 > turtle pictures he keeps in his cab to preach
 > conservation. He was converted, in part, by his two
 > daughters' conviction that the turtle slaughter is
 > cruel. "I tell the fishermen we have to stop killing
 > them," says Mr. Peralta, whose daughters have helped
 > start a sea-turtle club at their high school."
> "Still, the turtle champions are making inroads. In the
> village of Mulege, taxi driver Javier Peralta rushes
> up to Mr. Nichols on a recent visit to show him some
> turtle pictures he keeps in his cab to preach
> conservation. He was converted, in part, by his two
> daughters' conviction that the turtle slaughter is
> cruel. "I tell the fishermen we have to stop killing
> them," says Mr. Peralta, whose daughters have helped
> start a sea-turtle club at their high school."
==END QUOTE==

And if I look at the source of the email, it looks like this

==BEGIN QUOTE==
A quote from a Wall Street Journal article, March 29, 2002 by Jim
Carlton.

 > "Still, the turtle champions are making inroads. In the
 > village of Mulege, taxi driver Javier Peralta rushes
 > up to Mr. Nichols on a recent visit to show him some
 > turtle pictures he keeps in his cab to preach
 > conservation. He was converted, in part, by his two
 > daughters' conviction that the turtle slaughter is
 > cruel. "I tell the fishermen we have to stop killing
 > them," says Mr. Peralta, whose daughters have helped
 > start a sea-turtle club at their high school."

--==_20040822034701.8155-1_==

article, March 29, 2002 by Jim Carlton.

> "Still, the turtle champions are making inroads. In the

> village of Mulege, taxi driver Javier Peralta rushes

> up to Mr. Nichols on a recent visit to show him some

> turtle pictures he keeps in his cab to preach

> conservation. He was converted, in part, by his two

> daughters' conviction that the turtle slaughter is

> cruel. "I tell the fishermen we have to stop killing

> them," says Mr. Peralta, whose daughters have helped

> start a sea-turtle club at their high school."</fontfamily>
--==_20040822034701.8155-1_==--
==END QUOTE==