Richard Hart wrote:

>Bob Parks wrote:
>
>>When I double
>>click on a message to open it in a new window to read it, the message
>>will open up with the title bar appearing on top of where I just double
>>clicked.  The new window interprets this as a "minimize" command and
>>shrinks itself down into the dock, which is NOT what I want to have happen.
>
>I have the same problem. I can't seem to find a way around it.

I encounter the same problem also in CodeWarrior IDE, so this actually
might be a Carbon problem (since CodeWarrior is also a Carbon app like
PowerMail). This issue seems to have appeared new in Panther, so it might
be Apple's problem.

Just providing additional info, in case that helps CTM to take
appropriate measures and track down the problem.

My workaround currently is to disable this feature is Appearance
preferences - and so far, I haven't missed that feature except for in
apps that do not support Cmd-M for window minimization.

Regards, Christian.