Sorry, Marlyse, my comment was misleading. What I meant to convey was
that, in the Finder-like window that comes up to let me choose the
"PowerMail Files" folder from PM5, the folder is grayed-out. I see it
fine in the Finder itself, and of course it is visible to PM4.2.1.
Steps I've taken:
1. Copied the "PM F" folder to another location, tried to Select it from PM5
2. Copied the "PM F" folder to another location, tried to Select the
original folder from PM5.
3. Drag-n-dropped "PM F" folder onto PM5 icon.
4. Double-clicked Message Database file.
5. Reset permissions on folders to 777 and retried above operations.
6. Reset permissions on folders to proper permissions.
And:
7. Repeated 1 - 4 and...Ta-da! this time #4 worked!

Thanks so much to all for your help.

Regards,
Cap