Hi Scott,

>You can easily solve this problem by having just one signature.

Different people have different needs, I guess.  In addition to my work
life (see sig below) I coach an Ultimate Frisbee team, organize
tournaments, I'm involved in town politics, and I'm on a few school-
related committees.  A separate signature for each activity is very
desirable, since it provides contact info and identifies me to the
different groups I might be sending email to.

>... an hour seems like an awful amount of time to spend organizing
>something that I almost never read on other people's mail.

Yes, that does seem like a lot of time!

>.....I generally find those bits of
>"wisdom" that many people insist on appending to their mail to be
>pretentious and cloying, frankly.

I second that, for sure.

Jim

--