I get a mail from someone, I want to make a filter of it. Open the
filters dialog, new filter or add to existing filter, and it opens with
"From" and the current sender. However, I want both to and from this
person to be filed, so I change From to "Any Field". Now the address is
gone! I kind of understand this, but it is really irritating.

Related: I haven't figured out how to copy the email address from an
existing mail, for instance to stick it in a filter. It seems I can only
copy the full contents of the From line.

--
Victor Eijkhout
http://www.eijkhout.net/