PowerMail Engineering (26/3/04 12:45 pm) said:

>Interesting bug... If you have created multiple user environments, you
>can double-click a PowerMail database to switch to it. Unfortunately, if
>you double-click the "PowerMail Prefs" file from the preference folder,
>PowerMail will create a new database in the preferences folder... Just
>double click your old one (or choose "switch user environment" from the
>file / database menu) to get everything back.
>But the file that needs to be edited in a resource editor to hide the
>icon in the message list is the "User Prefs" file from the PowerMail user
>folder, and not the "PowerMail Prefs" from the preferences folder...

It was the "User Prefs" file which I double-clicked on, and I completely
lost my old database as a result - presumably because this file is in the
same folder as the database file and it overwrote the old database when
it created the new one.

Fortunately, my mail gets backed up every night so I could restore it and
then recollect today's mail.

Jeremy