Richard Hart [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Friday, March 12, 2004 stated:

>Barbara Needham wrote:
>
>>It would be great if some sort of message threading
>>were to be included in the new PM.
>
>Sorry if I'm misinterpreting what you need, but sorting by Subject
>displays threads for me. It should for you too.
>
>RH

Threading is more complicated than that. It's the ability to maintain the
relationship of the message to another. Usually this consist of being
able to track using Message-Id, References, and In-Reply-To headers.
Usually the last thing you want to use as a fall back is subject
matching. Subject matching is extremely difficult as there are millions
of possible variations to subject lines added by email clients and
mailing list software when you reply to a message, so you can't count on
that to give you a consistent way to track and thread messages.

Wayne

---
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.
- Mark Twain

Live DAT & Music Page: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/
Wayne's Music Calendar: http://ical.mac.com/wayneb/Music
PowerMail AppleScript Archives: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/powermail.html