On 1/30/04, Jim declared:

>When I DOUBLE-click on a link (for instance, the one in the sig of your
>email) the page opens in Safari.  I'm running OSX Panther and the latest
>PowerMail.  I don't _think_ I set any special prefs to do this, but I'm
>not 100% sure...

If I'm understanding your issue correctly, Safari is your default web
browser but you prefer using a different one. In Panther, as Apple
retreats into the Dark Ages of Windows-style user-unfriendliness, you
need to find in (I believe) Safari's preferences a place where you select
your default web browser. By default, Safari is the default browser and,
by the same twisted technology, Mail is Panther's default email client. I
assume [I'm still using Jaguar myself, so I haven't personally seen or
tried this] that there's a place in Mail's preferences where you can
select PowerMail --- otherwise, when you click on a "mailto" link in your
web browser, Mail will open.

---Jay