Carl Ketterling wrote:

>Using AppleScript, I have "source of message" which the dictionary
>describes as
>
>    source  string  [r/o]  -- the RFC822 message source
>
>Should that include the attachments as well?  I have found that (at least
>in some cases) it doesn't.

It does not include the attachments.
In fact, it is not the exact message source, since PowerMail stores
decoded messages in its database. When you get the "source of message" in
AppleScript, the message is reencoded, and can differ a bit from the
original one; especially it can use a different charset or Content-
Transfer-Encoding.
This applescript command was added mainly to allow AppleScript driven export.

Jérôme - PowerMail Engineering

   "There's a reason Mac users from different countries have chosen this
    very good program. 1) It just works. 2) It's not bloated like some
    other mail applications. 3) And it's better than Mail, the program that
    comes with OS X. Honest. Would I recommend PowerMail? Definitely."
  PowerMail user comment on www.versiontracker.com

         Download a demo version from www.ctmdev.com