>PowerMail Engineering wrote on Wed 19 Nov 2003 at 16:23 +0100
>
>>When you open a message window, and another message window is already
>>opened, the new window is position staggered to the other. If no other
>>message window is opened, then it is opened at the same location that the
>>last message window you closed.
>>Other windows (browser, address book...) should always open at their last
>>location

On 11/19/03, david.gordon declared:

>This may be technically correct but its not very useful in The Real
>World. Right now I'm replying to a message, I want to review that message
>as I type this, but that's hard to do as the original message is hidden.
>
>I'd be happy if incoming messages always opened in the same position (as
>described) but I could control the alternative placing of outgoing
>messages. Then I'd have my incoming message on the left of screen and my
>outgoing reply being edited on the right.
>--
>david.gordon

I must be missing something here. I've seen this issue on the list for
some time now, but for me the windows operate exactly as Jerome has said
they do. If I want a window to open in a new position, I drag the current
window (in your case, the Reply window) to a new position (in your case,
the right side of the display), and from now on all new reply windows
open there. As I type this, I am in a window that it positioned against
the right side of my display, and I see your email in the mail browser
which is positioned on the left side of the display. Of course, since I
use a 12" iBook, the windows overlap, but they are doing just what you
are asking them to do.

---Jay